ABILENE, Texas - Another Abilene eatery is expanding.
New signage outside of the former Golden Chick off of Highway 351 in north Abilene shows the location will soon be a 'Hooks & Tails.'
The original 'Hooks & Tails' off of Buffalo Gap Road on Abilene's south side opened earlier this summer by Brenda Heffernan. She and her family also own and operate Heff's Burgers.
The Golden Chick shut down Aug. 29.
Owner Eugene Taves told KTXS it was a direct result of the on-oing TxDOT construction at Highway 351 and Interstate 20. Taves said Golden Chick's business was down by 40 percent because of construction.
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson