ATLANTA - Al Horford made the go-ahead shot with 4.2 seconds left and the Atlanta Hawks rallied from a 17-point deficit in the second half for an 88-87 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Friday night.
Jeff Teague scored 25 points for the Hawks, while Horford finished with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
The Mavericks were up 70-55 when point guard Jose Calderon went out late in the third quarter with a sprained right ankle. He was taken for X-rays and did not return.
Without Calderon running the offense, Dallas totally bogged down. Rookie guard Shane Larkin had a miserable night, going 0 for 4 from the field and turning it over four times. The Mavericks hit just 38 percent, with Vince Carter missing badly on the final shot of the game.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS