HOUSTON - Texans Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Cushing is out for the season with a left knee injury that will require surgery.
Cushing was injured in the third quarter of Sunday's loss at Kansas City during a low block by running back Jamaal Charles. It's the second straight year Cushing has been lost for the year with a left knee injury. He tore the anterior cruciate ligament in the same knee in Week 5 last season.
The Texans signed Cushing to a six-year contract worth $55.6 million before this season.
Coach Gary Kubiak said injuries to left tackle Duane Brown (ankle), running back Arian Foster (hamstring) and Ben Tate (ribs) aren't serious.
Kubiak also said rookies Cierre Wood, Sam Montgomery and Willie Jefferson were released for violating team rules.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death