HOUSTON - Texans Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Cushing is out for the season with a left knee injury that will require surgery.
Cushing was injured in the third quarter of Sunday's loss at Kansas City during a low block by running back Jamaal Charles. It's the second straight year Cushing has been lost for the year with a left knee injury. He tore the anterior cruciate ligament in the same knee in Week 5 last season.
The Texans signed Cushing to a six-year contract worth $55.6 million before this season.
Coach Gary Kubiak said injuries to left tackle Duane Brown (ankle), running back Arian Foster (hamstring) and Ben Tate (ribs) aren't serious.
Kubiak also said rookies Cierre Wood, Sam Montgomery and Willie Jefferson were released for violating team rules.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend