HOUSTON - Matt Schaub still has his starting job.
Houston coach Gary Kubiak is sure of that. He less certain of how to get his veteran quarterback back on track and the Texans back in the win column.
Schaub threw three interceptions in Houston's blowout loss to San Francisco on Sunday night that extended the team's losing streak to three games.
His first interception was returned for a touchdown, marking the fourth straight game that an opponent had taken one of his interceptions for a score.
Kubiak says he's worried about Schaub's confidence and is looking for ways to help him be successful again. Kubiak says he believes you have to give players a chance to play through their struggles.
Houston hosts St. Louis on Sunday.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen