HOUSTON - Houston right fielder Justin Maxwell has left the game against St. Louis because of a concussion on Tuesday night.
Maxwell was injured when he banged his head on the grass while diving for a fly ball in the fourth inning.
He remained face down on the field for a couple of minutes while trainers attended to him. He soon got up and rubbed his face and head a few times before slowly walking off the field.
He was replaced by J.D. Martinez.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- Updated Melissa Valdez: Triple digit temperatures return to the forecast