ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man, accused of having sex with a teenage girl and possibly getting her pregnant, was indicted Thursday by a Taylor County grand jury.
Michael Shane Hoelscher, 43, was indicted on three counts of sexual assault of a child and one count of indecency with a child by contact.
According to the indictment, Hoelscher first had sex with the 14-year-old in August 2014. The last time was after the Super Bowl in February 2015.
Hoelscher was concerned he might have gotten her pregnant. So, he bought a pregnancy test and made the victim take it. She said Hoelscher told her it was positive and they stopped having sex.
A couple of weeks later, the girl started having stomach cramps. That’s when she told her mom that she and Hoelscher had been having sex and that she might be pregnant.
The indictment does not say whether the victim actually was pregnant.
Hoelscher had not been arrested for the alleged crimes as of Thursday afternoon. The mugshot is from a 2001 arrest for possession of marijuana.
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Ann Wedgeworth, born in Abilene & known for 'Three's Company' role, dies at 83
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- KTXS Forecast: Quiet Sunday ahead
- Kidnapping suspect claims he thought he was driving his own car & child to Houston
- Love and Care MInistries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD