A California man whose wife was unhappy with him purchasing several lottery tickets ended up winning $1 million, according to UPI.
Hermenegildo Beltran-Meza told the California Lottery he scratched off the tickets in the bathroom because he didn't want his wife to know he bought them. The first of the $10 scratch offs was a loser, but Beltran-Meza was pleased to find that his second ticket unearthed a million dollar surprise. This is when he decided telling his wife about his purchase would be warranted.
"You said I'm never going to win and there I won, there's proof," he told his wife.
The couple says they'll put some of the money toward their retirement.
- Former Abilene mayor Norm Archibald named 2017 Citizen of the Year
- Police report: $5,000 embezzled from Abilene youth football organization
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Abilene man, 21, sentenced to 15 years for shooting mother in head
- KTXS Forecast: Increasing rain chances into the weekend ahead of next cold front.
- 21 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- 2 Abilene men indicted for sharing child porn
- Abilene woman arrested after young child tests positive for cocaine, other drugs
- Abilene woman talks about scary moment inside elevator with panhandler
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene woman empowered to share story by #MeToo movement
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Brownwood plant manager: No injuries from minor explosion
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation
- Remains found in far West Texas believed to be missing elderly Colorado City woman
- Woodson ISD names new interim superintendent after abrupt resignation