A Pennsylvania woman delivered her own baby in her car outside the hospital she works in as a nurse, reports The Associated Press.
Katie Michael told local station WMPT-TV she knew her baby was coming while she and her husband were en route to the hospital the evening of Oct. 27. When the Michaels arrived, Katie's husband ran inside for help, but nothing could stop the newborn from coming, and Katie was forced to deliver her own baby.
Katie says she can now add "Labor and Delivery" to her list of specialties on her resume.
The Michaels report baby Ella Katherine is happy and healthy.
- City of Abilene pursuing legal action against fake Facebook account
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- City of Abilene receives $18.37 million for smart water meters
- Police pursuit ends with Abilene suspect in custody
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup