CHICAGO - Former Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl defensive tackle Jay Ratliff has agreed to a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears.
Agent Mark Slough confirmed the move Saturday. He said Ratliff will join the team sometime next week and should be ready to play in two to four weeks.
A four-time Pro Bowl pick, Ratliff is joining a struggling defensive line. He's also getting a fresh start after he was released by Dallas in mid-October.
The Cowboys said at the time that he failed a physical after spending the first six weeks of the season on the physically unable to perform list. Ratliff missed the last six games of 2012 with a groin injury that required surgery and never practiced for Dallas this season.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth