ABILENE, Texas - JCPenney first opened its doors in Abilene on April 14, 1917 and the chain is celebrating with a giveaway Friday at its Mall of Abilene location.
The store opened on Pine Street in downtown Abilene and moved several times before settling into its current location in the Mall of Abilene.
City of Abilene officials will join store leaders to celebrate the milestone at 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Mall of Abilene.
The first 100 customers who attend will also receive swag bags and coupons ranging from $10 to $100.
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD