IRVING, Texas (AP) - Jerry Jones has another long offseason to ponder what the Dallas owner called "unthinkable" - three straight season-ending losses that left the Cowboys at 8-8 and out of the playoffs.
Here are his quick takes: Jason Garrett will return, Tony Romo's back is going to be fine and another shuffling of the defensive coaching staff could be coming.
Jones said again after Sunday night's 24-22 loss to Philadelphia that Garrett would be back for a fourth full season. The coach has three break-even records in three full seasons, and is 0-3 record in finales for the NFC East title.
Romo missed the loss after back surgery, but Jones says he'll be ready for offseason workouts. The future of defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin is less clear.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth