IRVING, Texas (AP) - Jerry Jones has another long offseason to ponder what the Dallas owner called "unthinkable" - three straight season-ending losses that left the Cowboys at 8-8 and out of the playoffs.
Here are his quick takes: Jason Garrett will return, Tony Romo's back is going to be fine and another shuffling of the defensive coaching staff could be coming.
Jones said again after Sunday night's 24-22 loss to Philadelphia that Garrett would be back for a fourth full season. The coach has three break-even records in three full seasons, and is 0-3 record in finales for the NFC East title.
Romo missed the loss after back surgery, but Jones says he'll be ready for offseason workouts. The future of defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin is less clear.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police