IRVING, Texas - Dallas owner Jerry Jones says the Cowboys aren't ruling Tony Romo out of a winner-take-all game against Philadelphia because doctors could clear him after treating his back injury.
Jones said on his radio show Tuesday that his quarterback has proven he can play with pain but won't if doctors advise against it.
The Cowboys (8-7) and Eagles (9-6) are playing Sunday night in Dallas' third straight season finale against an NFC East rival with the division title and a playoff berth on the line.
Romo was the starter in losses to the New York Giants two years ago and Redskins last season.
He injured his back in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 24-23 win at Washington. Kyle Orton is the backup.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching