FT. WORTH, Texas - Jimmie Johnson led 255 of 334 laps for a dominating victory Sunday that put the five-time champion back in the Chase for the Sprint Cup lead with two races left in the season.
Matt Kenseth and Johnson arrived at Texas Motor Speedway tied in points, though Kenseth was the leader based on his seven wins.
Johnson got his sixth victory this season, becoming only the second three-time Cup winner at Texas. The No. 48 Hendrick team takes a seven-point lead to Phoenix next week.
Kenseth was running second behind Johnson for much of the first half of the race before getting penalized for speeding. That dropped him to 16th place and more than 28 seconds back, though he recovered to finish fourth.
Johnson finished more than 4 seconds ahead of teammate Dale Earnhardt Jr., who had his fifth runner-up finish this season.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking