AVONDALE, Ariz. - Jimmie Johnson has taken control of the championship battle following a disastrous performance by Matt Kenseth at Phoenix International Raceway.
ohnson widened his lead in the Sprint Cup standings to 28 points over Kenseth heading into next Sunday's season finale at Homestead by finishing third in a workmanlike performance for the five-time champion.
Kenseth had a horrific race Sunday as his title hopes were derailed by an ill-handing Toyota. He was struggling early, complained to crew chief Jason Ratcliff he didn't even know what to tell him to fix, and wound up 23rd.
Kevin Harvick won the race for the second year in a row after Carl Edwards ran out of gas headed to the white flag. Harvick sailed by on the last lap for his fourth win of the year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking
- Missing elderly woman found safe in Abilene
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- People celebrate Fur Ball 2017 with four-legged friends
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field