ABILENE, TExas - Jury selection for the Amber Craker murder trial is scheduled for Monday, September 25. Amber Craker is set to stand trial for murder and tampering with evidence.
Craker, 19, is accused of killing her newborn daughter on January 18, 2016.
Police found the deceased baby inside a home in the 400 block of South 25th Street. According to the arrest report, Craker told police she "caused obvious injuries" to her newborn and hid the body in a trash can.
Craker's boyfriend Damian Cate is also accused of killing his newborn daughter. However, no trial date has been set for his case.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver