HOUSTON - Case Keenum will be the Houston Texans starting quarterback against division foe Indianapolis on Sunday night.
Coach Gary Kubiak announced the decision Monday.
Keenum played for the first time in a 17-16 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in place of the injured Matt Schaub two weeks ago. Schaub was back in practice Monday and will prepare this week, but he will back up Keenum after struggling much of the season.
Running back Arian Foster (hamstring) only worked with team trainers Monday and backup Ben Tate (ribs) missed practice. Kubiak says he is "very concerned" and will work to get running backs Deji Karim, Dennis Johnson and Ray Graham prepared to play.
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire