ARLINGTON, Texas - Case Keenum and T.J. Yates each threw a touchdown pass in their battle for the backup job, and Cierre Wood and Dennis Johnson combined for 187 yards rushing, leading lead the Houston Texans past the Dallas Cowboys 24-6 in a preseason finale Thursday night.
Keenum directed touchdown drives of 87 and 80 yards, the latter capped by a 27-yard touchdown pass to Lestar Jean. Yates, the backup to Matt Schaub the past two seasons, threw a 21-yard scoring pass to Andy Cruse and led another drive to a field goal.
Alex Tanney was under pressure and struggled in his bid get Dallas to keep a third quarterback behind Tony Romo and Kyle Orton. He was 17 of 31 for 177 yards with an interception.
Wood had 107 yards rushing, and Johnson had 79 yards and a touchdown.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account