ARLINGTON, Texas - Case Keenum and T.J. Yates each threw a touchdown pass in their battle for the backup job, and Cierre Wood and Dennis Johnson combined for 187 yards rushing, leading lead the Houston Texans past the Dallas Cowboys 24-6 in a preseason finale Thursday night.
Keenum directed touchdown drives of 87 and 80 yards, the latter capped by a 27-yard touchdown pass to Lestar Jean. Yates, the backup to Matt Schaub the past two seasons, threw a 21-yard scoring pass to Andy Cruse and led another drive to a field goal.
Alex Tanney was under pressure and struggled in his bid get Dallas to keep a third quarterback behind Tony Romo and Kyle Orton. He was 17 of 31 for 177 yards with an interception.
Wood had 107 yards rushing, and Johnson had 79 yards and a touchdown.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program