RICHMOND, Virginia - Brad Keselowski was probably a dark horse at best to win the Sprint Cup championship a year ago.
This year, he's got his money on a long shot.
The defending NASCAR champion likes Penske Racing teammate Joey Logano to win the championship.
Assuming, of course, Keselowski himself can't defend his own title.
The two Penske drivers go into Saturday night's race at Richmond trying to lock up spots in the 12-driver Chase for the Sprint Cup championship field. Logano is in far better shape than the defending champion. He's ranked eighth in the Sprint Cup standings and has one win on the season. Keselowski is 15th in points, winless and a victory Saturday might not be enough to get in the Chase.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her