SAN ANTONIO (SBG San Antonio) - A case involving the kidnapping of San Antonio toddler has taken a bizarre new twist.
An arrest affidavit states the alleged kidnapper claims he thought he was driving his car and his own child to Houston.
Victor Miguel Torres is accused of driving off in a green Mustang with 3-year-old Jose Gonzalez. Jose's mother had left the car running outside a store with Jose inside, when police say Torres drove off in it.
While on his way to Houston, he called a friend who'd received an Amber Alert about the kidnapping. She told Torres he had the wrong car and child, but he allegedly insisted the car and child were his. That same friend then called police to tell them where Torres was headed.
Torres was arrested in La Grange. He's charged with kidnapping.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver