ABILENE, Texas - ACU hosted their first of four basketball camps this past week at Moody Coliseum. The two session were for kids aged from five to 17 years old.
The kids had the change to hit the court with Wildcats coaches, as well as get to know a few of their incoming freshman that will be on the court this season.
"It's a great week for us," said head coach Joe Golding. "We love it and it's exciting times. Any time you got little five, six, seven, eight year olds smiling, running around, and got a basketball in their hand, it's great. It's [also] a great break for us, [and] much needed. We love camp, and we enjoy it just as much as the kids do."
"I remember sitting in those same seats that they're sitting in, looking up to people like myself," added incoming freshman guard Isaiah Tripp. "I always knew what I kinda wanted when I looked up to people, so that's what I really try and give them."
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store