By Will Jensen & Doug Myers/KTXS News
BENJAMIN, Texas -- The Texas Rangers and the Knox County Sheriff's Office continue to search for a man who escaped from the Knox County Jail.
Jesse Munoz Jr., 36, climbed over a fence topped with razor wire about 4:40 p.m. Sunday, according to the sheriff's office. He was in a recreation yard at the time.
Munoz hadn't been recaptured as of Monday night, Knox County Judge Stan Wojcik said.
The Knox County Sheriff's Department and Texas Rangers are actively working the case, he said.
The sheriff's office told KTXS they believe Munoz stole a 2004 extended cab red pickup with the Texas license plate GMK0992. They're not sure which direction he's heading.
Munoz was in the Knox County Jail on evading arrest and theft charges.
Anyone who sees Munoz or has any information is urged to call 911.
- Updated Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- Police: Prostitution ring run out of senior living facility
- Feds: Man illegally in U.S. took teen from Texas to Georgia for sex
- 2 suspects in Mississippi bar owner death arrested in Texas
- USDA says rinsing your turkey is a big no-no
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- Abilene's new city secretary previously served city of Dallas
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Suspect in Niblo investigation back in court for property
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country