ABILENE, Texas - Sunshine returned to our area Tuesday and afternoon temperatures warmed back into the 70s - about 10 degrees above normal. A weak cold front is forecast to move through our area during the day Wednesday and bring back closer to normal temperatures.
Partly cloudy skies are expected to return late Tuesday night. Low temperatures Wednesday morning should only fall to near 60.
Partly to mostly cloudy skies should be with us Wednesday. Light showers from Abilene eastward are forecast with the cold front moving through around midday. High temperatures should be in the upper 60s around and north of I-20 and in the lower 70s south of I-20 Wednesday afternoon.
Mostly cloudy skies and slightly cooler temperatures are expected for Wednesday night. Light showers will be possible in areas mainly south of I-20. Low temperatures Thursday morning should be around 50.
The cool air is forecast to retreat to the northeast Thursday. Partly cloudy skies are expected by afternoon Thursday. High temperatures should warm to near 70.
Sunny skies with breezy southwest winds Friday should push afternoon readings into the middle 80s.
A stronger cold front is forecast to blow in late Friday night with no rain and generally clear skies. Low temperatures Saturday morning should be in the lower 50s.
Enjoy a classic fall weekend. Look for sunny skies Saturday and Sunday with high temperatures in the middle to upper 60s both days.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country