ABILENE, Texas - Light rain continues in our area Wednesday evening. There is a chance for this light rain to mix with or change over to light snow for areas down around I-10 before sunrise Thursday.
Cloudy skies are forecast to stay Wednesday night. Low temperatures Thursday morning should be in the lower to middle 30s. Possible wet roads are the main concern for our area.
Stronger north winds and cloudy skies will keep us chilly Thursday. High temperatures should be around 40 for areas south of I-20.
Late day sunshine will be possible for areas north of I-20 Thursday. Afternoon temperatures should warm into the 40s north of I-20. North winds at 15 to 20 mph will push wind chill values into the 30s.
Mostly clear skies Thursday night will help temperatures fall into the middle 20s Friday morning. These freezing temperatures will likely be the coldest we have seen so far this season.
Sunny skies and warming temperatures are forecast for Friday. High temperatures should be in the middle to upper 50s.
Enjoy fair skies Saturday and Sunday with lows around freezing and highs in the 60s both days. Fair skies and close to normal temperatures are expected for the week ahead.
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Abilene teenager indicted for pair of violent robberies
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver