ABILENE, Texas - Mostly cloudy skies and breezy north winds were the weather conditions Tuesday. Those north winds are continuing to bring in colder air Tuesday night.
An upper level disturbance is forecast to move through our area Tuesday night and early Wednesday and trigger a steady rain over most of our area for most of the day Wednesday. Around one inch of rain is expected with areas south of I-20 maybe measuring one and one half inch totals Wednesday.
Cloudy skies will stay Tuesday night with rain becoming likely before sunrise. Low temperatures should be in the upper 30s. Wind chill values should be around 30.
Rain is forecast to continue for most of the day for most of our area. High temperatures will try to warm into the lower 40s. Basically, temperatures will change very little if at all. Wind chill values should stay in the 30s all day.
Rain should move southeast of our area Wednesday evening. Clearing skies are expected from north to south Wednesday night. Low temperatures should be around freezing Thursday morning. Protect your tender plants.
Sunny skies should be back with us Thursday and high temperatures should warm to near 60 Thursday afternoon.
Clouds are forecast for Friday, but dry conditions should hold. High temperatures Friday should be near 60.
Partly cloudy skies are expected for Saturday. High temperatures may recover into the lower 70s Saturday afternoon.
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Kidnapping suspect claims he thought he was driving his own car & child to Houston
- Records: Woman attempted to cross Texas-Mexico border bridge with cocaine strapped to thigh
- Police: Texas man fractured baby girl's skull while trying to punch child's mother
- Love and Care MInistries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD