ABILENE, Texas - Rain totals across the Big Country today ranged from trace amounts in the southeastern counties to 0.8" in the northwest. More rain is expected over the coming week and some areas could total several inches by the end of the week.
Tonight, rain is redeveloping west of our area and is expected to move in overnight and early Monday morning. Lows tonight will be in the upper 60s/ lower 70s. Winds will be from the southeast at 10 to 15 mph.
Expect rain to start the day Monday with much of it lasting through the day. By the afternoon, shower activity will be more scattered. With plenty of rain and cloud cover over the Big Country, highs will be in the upper 70s to low 80s. Rain chances continue overnight and lows will be in the upper 60s.
Tuesday, more rain is expected as a front nears our area. Some northern counties could see the front move through in the late evening so expect winds to shift to the north. Highs will range from the upper 70s to low 80s. Heavy rain is expected in periods through the day and into the evening. Lows will be in the low to mid-60s.
Wednesday, winds will be from the northeast at about 10 mph and rain is expected to continue. Highs drop to the low to mid-70s. Rain chances decrease overnight, but briefly. Lows will be in the low 60s.
Thursday, rain chances increase once again through the day as another front nears the area. Highs will be in the mid-70s. Winds slowly shift to the east through the day. Overnight, lows will be in the low to mid-60s.
Friday, another front is expected to pass through the area bringing us cooler temperatures, north winds, and our last big push for rain chances. Highs will be in the low to mid-70s and north winds will be between 15 and 20 mph with stronger gusts likely. Rain will clear from the northwest to southeast through the day and evening. Lows will be in the upper 50s to low 60s.
Saturday and Sunday look to dry out for the most part but the cloud cover is expected to hang around. Highs should warm slightly back into the upper 70s/ low 80s through the weekend.
Enjoy the week! -MM-
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- 26 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Man being pulled by huskies across U.S. stops in Abilene to raise awareness
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- 3 arrested in drug bust near Bangs school
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain