ABILENE, Texas - High temperatures Monday ranged from 86 to 94 in our area. Abilene topped out at 88 - 6 degrees away from the record high for the date. San Angelo measured 91 degrees and broke the old record for the date of 90.
Fair skies are forecast for Monday night. Low temperatures Tuesday morning should be in the lower 60s. Mostly sunny skies are expected for Tuesday. Afternoon temperatures should range from the middle 90s west to around 90 east.
Some weather forecast models are suggesting isolated thundershowers will be found around I-20 Tuesday evening. Otherwise, look for partly cloudy skies. Low temperatures Wednesday morning should be around 60.
Partly cloudy skies with highs in the middle 80s are forecast for Wednesday and Thursday.
A cold front should move eastward through our area Thursday night. Showers and thunderstorms are expected. Low temperatures Friday morning should be in the upper 50s.
Milder temperatures are expected for Friday and Saturday. Highs Friday should be near 80. Look for afternoon readings in the middle 70s Saturday.
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene murder victim's family: Suspect shouldn't have chance to get out
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- KTXS Forecast: Windy afternoon with building storm chances tonight.
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals