ABILENE, Texas - A cold front that moved in Sunday helped bring low clouds and occasional drizzle. These conditions have stayed in our area into Monday night. Drier air is forecast to move back in Tuesday afternoon and bring some sunshine and warmer temperatures back to our area.
Cloudy skies with patchy mist or drizzle is expected for the rest of Monday night. Low temperatures Tuesday morning should be in the lower 60s.
Clouds are forecast to break by Tuesday afternoon and temperatures should warm into the low to middle 70s. Watch out for breezy southwest winds at 20 mph.
Low clouds are expected to move back in Tuesday night. Low temperatures Wednesday morning should be around 60.
Cloudy skies will likely stay with us Wednesday as a cold front moves into our area during the afternoon. Light rain showers will be possible - mainly in the Big Country. High temperatures Wednesday should be in the middle to upper 60s.
Light showers will stay in the forecast for Wednesday night - especially for our eastern areas. Low temperatures Thursday morning should be around 50.
The cooler air is forecast move back north during the day Thursday and we could finish the day with some sunshine. High temperatures should be near 70.
Look for a big warm up Friday with sunny skies and highs in the middle 80s. We should have strong southwest to west winds.
A cold front is forecast to move in Friday night and with no rain but strong winds are expected. Low temperatures Saturday morning should be in the middle to upper 40s.
Look forward to mostly clear skies Saturday and Sunday with highs in the middle 60s.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country