ABILENE, Texas - Cloud cover will increase overnight as rain chances build into Sunday. Lows tonight will be in the lower 60's with south winds at about 15 mph.
Thunderstorms are expected to move in from the west throughout the day, Sunday. Highs will be in the upper 70's/lower 80's with partly cloudy conditions and a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms.
Highest chance of thunderstorms will be in the evening hours. Isolated storms may be severe with the main threats being strong winds and large hail. Sunday night, lows will be in the lower 60's.
By Monday morning, a 30 percent chance of isolated showers/storms still remains through the morning and will deteriorate through the day. Highs will be in the upper 70's/lower 80's across the region. Winds will be from the south at 15 mph under mostly cloudy skies. Monday night, skies will start to clear out and lows will be in the upper 50's.
Tuesday, sunshine returns and highs warm back up to the mid-80's. Winds will still be from the south at about 15 mph. Overnight, lows will be in the lower 60's with south winds between 10-20 mph.
Wednesday, another warm day ahead for the Big Country. Highs will top out in the upper 80's/lower 90's across the region. Winds will be from the south/southwest at 15-20 mph, with stronger gusts possible. Partly cloudy skies will become mostly clear. Overnight, lows will be in the mid to upper 60's. Winds will be from the south at about 20 mph.
Thursday, highs stay warm in the upper 80's/lower 90's. South winds will be at about 20 mph under partly cloudy skies. A front is expected to work its way into our area and stall out. Lows overnight will be in the lower 60's. Rain chances come back into play at about a 20 percent chance.
Friday, a stronger front works through the Big Country bringing in stronger winds from the north at 20 mph with stronger gusts along with it. Skies will clear through the day and highs will be in the mid-70's. Overnight, chillier conditions return with lows in the mid-40's.
Saturday looks to be a gorgeous day to get out and enjoy the outdoors with highs in the low to mid-70's.
Have a happy Easter! -MM-
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country