ABILENE, Texas - We tracked mainly light showers moving north through our region Wednesday. These showers are expected to fade before midnight. Heavier downpours are found well to our north around a stalling cold front.
Dry weather is likely in our area for the rest of Wednesday night. Low temperatures Thursday morning should be around 70.
Partly cloudy skies are forecast to return by afternoon Thursday. High temperatures should be in the middle 80s.
Partly cloudy skies and dry weather are expected for Friday. Low temperatures should be in the upper 60s and afternoon high temperatures should be in the upper 80s.
Football games in our area should be warm and dry Friday evening. Temperatures should be in the 70s for the games.
A cold front is forecast to move into our northern area Saturday morning and send weakening showers into the Big Country before sunrise Saturday. Mostly cloudy skies should linger for the day. High temperatures Saturday should be in the lower 80s.
Partly cloudy skies should be with us Sunday and Monday. High temperatures both days should be in the upper 80s.
A strong cold front is forecast to blow through our area Monday night and bring below normal temperatures for Tuesday and Wednesday. There will be a chance for rain showers mainly south of I-20 Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Former Abilene mayor Norm Archibald named 2017 Citizen of the Year
- Police report: $5,000 embezzled from Abilene youth football organization
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Abilene man, 21, sentenced to 15 years for shooting mother in head
- KTXS Forecast: Increasing rain chances into the weekend ahead of next cold front.
- 21 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- 2 Abilene men indicted for sharing child porn
- Abilene woman arrested after young child tests positive for cocaine, other drugs
- Abilene woman talks about scary moment inside elevator with panhandler
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene woman empowered to share story by #MeToo movement
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Brownwood plant manager: No injuries from minor explosion
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation
- Remains found in far West Texas believed to be missing elderly Colorado City woman
- Woodson ISD names new interim superintendent after abrupt resignation