ABILENE, Texas - We tracked a weak cold front into our region Wednesday. It brought back breezy north winds, lower temperatures and cloudy skies.
Clouds should stay over our region for the rest of Wednesday night. We might see a little mist or drizzle in mainly our eastern areas. Low temperatures Thursday morning should be in the lower 50s.
Skies should clear from west to east during the afternoon Thursday. With that sunshine, afternoon temperatures should warm to near 70.
For the Thursday night playoff games in our region, skies should be mostly clear with temperatures around 60.
Fair to partly cloudy skies should continue for the rest of Thursday night. Low temperatures Friday morning should be in the middle to upper 50s.
Friday will be sunny and very warm with afternoon temperatures near record highs - in the middle 80s. The record high for the date in Abilene is 86 and in San Angelo it is 84. Watch out for strong southwest winds around 20 mph.
Fair skies are forecast for Friday evening football games. Temperatures should be in the 60s for the games. South winds will continue around 20 mph. Low temperatures Saturday morning should be in the 50s as a cold front moves in around sunrise.
Look for mostly fair skies for Saturday and Sunday. High temperatures both days should be in the 60s. It will be chilly at night and we could see a frost in our area Sunday and Monday mornings.
- 29 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Abilene teenager indicted for pair of violent robberies
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Abilene police warn of jury duty scam
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver