BROWNWOOD, Texas - It's safe to say that the first day of two-a-days is where you get those jitters, first day butterflies, and anxiousness out of your system.
August 5th, 2013 marked a whole different kind of beast for head coach Chuck Howard. It was first day in his long coaching career that he stepped onto the practice field as a head coach of a high school football team.
"We're still in a teaching environment process," Howard told KTXS. "We'll be a little bit more diverse. We've done a lot of teaching offensively. But it's the same every year we started back at ground zero, teaching fundamentals. I'm pleased with where we are right now."
With six starters back each on offense and defense, Howard has a nice core of upperclassmen to work with in his first year as a head coach. Senior running back Braxton Kilgo is loving the way camp has started.
"I'd say it was a lot intense, more of a upbeat tempo," Kilgo told KTXS. "I think since we have such a big senior class that everybody was more pumped up and ready to go for our senior season."
Along with adjusting to a new head coach, Senior quarterback Chris Keesee is learning the pistol offense as fall camp begins. It's a system that speeds up the game, and offers new challenges for the third year starting quarterback.
"The main difference today and lately is the pace of our offense," Keesee told KTXS. "That's been the biggest difference and learning the new offense. There's more things to learn, and the pace has gotten a lot faster, so we just need to learn that and after we get that down we'll be good."
Brownwood will face All Saints at 7:30 p.m. on August 31st at Gordon Wood stadium.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth