ABILENE, Texas - The Los Arcos restaurant that burned down back in late February 2016 will soon be reopening its doors.
According to Grisselle Castro, the daughter of the restaurant owners, they are hoping to reopen by the end of January or early February, though no exact date has been confirmed yet.
UPDATED PHOTO GALLERY -> http://www.ktxs.com/260662972
She also wanted to thank the restaurant's customers for their support over the past year. She said the owners will let us know as soon as they figure out an opening date.
Fire damage repair is underway at the former Los Arcos restaurant on Abilene's north side.
The restaurant, located at 1902 Ambler, was declared a total loss by authorities earlier this year after a fire burned in the morning hours of Feb. 23. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental and electrical in nature.
PHOTO GALLERY -> http://www.ktxs.com/79913809
Permits filed with the city of Abilene throughout the spring and, most recently Aug. 4, show fire damage repair to be underway. The estimated value of the August repairs is $215,000.
In a previous interview with KTXS just after the fire, the owners of Los Arcos expressed their intent to eventually rebuild and re-open the restaurant.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue