ABILENE, Texas - A man who was wanted as a suspect for allegedly peeping into women?s bathroom stalls in Abilene was arrested Monday morning.
Det. Eric Vickers said that 40-year-old Jeremy Jacques, a Hispanic male born on 10/11/71, was arrested in Sweetwater by the Abilene City Marshal?s Office for an outstanding warrant related to an incident that occurred in Abilene.
According to a statement from Abilene's Police Department, Jacques was "seen spying on women while they were in women's bathroom."
Police say one of the alleged incidents occurred at Abuelo's and the other across the parking lot at Hobby Lobby, meanwhile they're also investigating a possible third event at a location they have yet to disclose.
Jacques was charged with one count of a class C misdemeanor disorderly conduct, but the investigation is still active, Vickers said.
In spite of the nature of his alleged crimes, by law, he only faces low level charges.
Jacques has since posted bail on a $375 bond.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade