DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks have signed second-round draft pick Ricky Ledo, who sat out his only college season at Providence for academic reasons.
Ledo averaged 7.3 points on 36 percent shooting in six summer league games in Las Vegas. He is expected to battle for playing time behind Monta Ellis at shooting guard.
The Mavericks got Ledo with the 43rd pick in last month's draft in a deal that also involved Milwaukee and Philadelphia. Dallas sent the 76ers a second-round pick in next year's draft that was originally part of a deal involving Boston.
The 6-foot-7 Ledo averaged 23.4 points and 6.2 rebounds as a senior at South Kent High School in Connecticut.
Terms of the deal announced Wednesday weren't disclosed.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated