DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks have signed second-round draft pick Ricky Ledo, who sat out his only college season at Providence for academic reasons.
Ledo averaged 7.3 points on 36 percent shooting in six summer league games in Las Vegas. He is expected to battle for playing time behind Monta Ellis at shooting guard.
The Mavericks got Ledo with the 43rd pick in last month's draft in a deal that also involved Milwaukee and Philadelphia. Dallas sent the 76ers a second-round pick in next year's draft that was originally part of a deal involving Boston.
The 6-foot-7 Ledo averaged 23.4 points and 6.2 rebounds as a senior at South Kent High School in Connecticut.
Terms of the deal announced Wednesday weren't disclosed.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck