DALLAS - It's Plan B again for the Dallas Mavericks in free agency.
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tweeted Friday that it was "time to get back to work" amid multiple media reports that Dallas was out of the running for free agent center Dwight Howard.
"The Mavs are back open for business," Cuban wrote on Twitter.
It's the second straight summer Dallas has missed on a big name in free agency after declining to bring back key pieces of the 2011 championship team in the name of salary cap space. Deron Williams chose to stay with the Brooklyn Nets last year.
Howard met earlier this week with his current team, the Los Angeles Lakers, along with Houston, Golden State, Atlanta and Dallas.
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Hot and sunny weekend ahead
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self