DALLAS - It's Plan B again for the Dallas Mavericks in free agency.
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tweeted Friday that it was "time to get back to work" amid multiple media reports that Dallas was out of the running for free agent center Dwight Howard.
"The Mavs are back open for business," Cuban wrote on Twitter.
It's the second straight summer Dallas has missed on a big name in free agency after declining to bring back key pieces of the 2011 championship team in the name of salary cap space. Deron Williams chose to stay with the Brooklyn Nets last year.
Howard met earlier this week with his current team, the Los Angeles Lakers, along with Houston, Golden State, Atlanta and Dallas.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking