ABILENE, Texas - Meteorologist Danielle Dozier is leaving KTXS-TV to take a broadcast meteorology position in a larger television market with KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City.
Danielle, most recently the morning meteorologist on "KTXS This Morning," has been with KTXS four and one-half years, since June 2007. Her last day at KTXS was Monday.
Danielle said she has enjoyed her stay in Abilene but is also looking forward to the challenge of weather forecasting in the heart of "Tornado Alley" in Oklahoma City.
She'll be a weekend meteorologist with KOCO, an ABC affiliate.
Danielle is originally from Chesapeake, Va., and graduated with a bachelor's degree in meteorology from the University of North Carolina-Asheville.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend