ABILENE, Texas - The Tom Green County Sheriff says he plans to release more information next week on the death investigation of Eric Torrez.
Investigators along with members of the Texas Rangers discovered the body of the 41-year-old Abilene man in a pasture in Crockett County on Friday. Torrez’s sisters told KTXS the news was overwhelming.
“It’s just been a long two weeks and we are grateful that we can start to have closure,” Victoria De Loera said. “Let’s just continue to pray for our family and his kids.”
Sheriff David Jones said Torrez was last seen on July 21. He was traveling to a home near San Angelo to perform construction work.
Additional charges are expected to be filed on the three people arrested in connection with Torrez’s disappearance and more suspects have been identified, according to the sheriff’s office press release.
“We didn’t know anything about the additional arrests, but we assumed there would be upgraded charges,” Samantha De Loera, one of Torrez’s sisters, said.
Kristen Jennings, 28, was one of the three people the sheriff’s office arrested on July 28.
Jennings is the mother of Torrez’s two children and she remains in the Taylor County Jail on a $50,000 bond, according to jail records.
But Torrez’s family hopes to move forward from this episode and will begin preparations for his funeral.
“We just really want to say thank you for everybody that prayed for him,” Victoria De Loera said.
- DACA advocates march in front of Abilene City Hall
- Local officers collected tips at Red Robin for Special Olympics Texas
- Busch Jewelers in Abilene going out of business after 73 years
- Wanted: 10 fugitives sought by Abilene police
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene youth league coaches suspended for extending middle fingers in team photo
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Brownwood plant manager: No injuries from minor explosion
- 2 arrested for allegedly distributing meth across 3 counties
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation
- Remains found in far West Texas believed to be missing elderly Colorado City woman