June 1, 2009 - Air France Flight 447 from Rio de Janeiro to Paris carrying 228 passengers and crew is lost over the Atlantic. The first bodies are recovered on June 6, approximately 600 miles off the northern coast of Brazil. The flight data recorder, "black box", is recovered May 1, 2011, 12,800 ft (3,900 meters) underwater, by the BEA, the French air accident investigation agency. May 27, 2011 - The BEA announces that equipment malfunction, faulty speed regulators, was the cause of the crash that killed the 228 passengers and crew aboard Air France Flight 447.
Latest KTXS Video
Would you like to continue watching?
- UPDATED: Abilene ISD, Wylie ISD, other school districts delay starts Tuesday
- Permits show recently shut down Mr. Nice Guys to open new head shop
- IMPORTANT: DISH subscribers lose KTXS, other Bonten programming
- Travel discouraged in Callahan County due to black ice
- 3 hurt in Texas Wal-Mart hatchet attack