(CNN) -- The 19 firefighters who were killed June 30 in Arizona's Yarnell Hill fire were "19 heroes, gone at the turn of the wind," Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said Tuesday at a memorial service for them in Prescott Valley, Arizona. "They were protectors, defending our communities, safeguarding our friends, family and strangers alike," she said. "To the Yarnell 19, we will never forget your sacrifice and that of your families."
Latest KTXS Video
Would you like to continue watching?
- UPDATED: Complete list of school closings, delays for Abilene, the Big Country
- Controversial restaurant concept may replace Carino's on Buffalo Gap in Abilene
- Icy roads may persist into the weekend
- Abilene Regional Airport runways closed until further notice
- No charges for FSU quarterback Jameis Winston