(CNN) -- "The acquittal of George Zimmerman is a slap in the face to the American people but it is only the first round in the pursuit of justice," said the Rev. Al Sharpton. "We intend to ask the Department of Justice to move forward as they did in the Rodney King case and we will closely monitor the civil case against Mr. Zimmerman. I will convene an emergency call with preachers tonight to discuss next steps. And intend to head to Florida in the next few days."
Latest KTXS Video
Would you like to continue watching?
- Jailers help deliver inmate's baby boy in back of transport van
- Man, 57, dies after being backed over by city of Abilene garbage truck
- Coleman man dies in fatal head-on accident
- IMPORTANT: DISH subscribers lose KTXS, other Bonten programming
- Abilene man indicted for allegedly shooting family member, fighting cop