December 18, 2012 - Queen Elizabeth II attends a cabinet meeting at 10 Downing St, marking the end of the celebration of her Diamond Jubilee. It is the first time a British monarch has attended a cabinet meeting in more than 100 years.
March 3-4, 2013 - Is admitted to King Edward VII's Hospital after experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis. She is released the following day.
June 2, 2013 - Services at Westminster Abbey mark the 60th anniversary of the Queen's coronation.
June 20, 2013 - The Royal Ascot signature race is won by Estimate, the Queen's horse. The Gold Cup win makes the Queen the first reigning British monarch to win Ascot's biggest race.
April 8, 2014 - The Queen hosts a state dinner for Ireland's president Michael D. Higgins and his wife Sabina. Also in attendance are actors Daniel Day-Lewis and Dame Judi Dench. Martin McGuinness, former IRA commander and current Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister, also attended.
Current line of succession:
1. The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles (1948)
2. The Duke of Cambridge, Prince William, eldest son of Prince Charles (1982)
3. Prince George of Cambridge, son of Prince William (2013)
4. Prince Henry of Wales, younger son of Prince Charles (1984)
5.The Duke of York, Prince Andrew, second son of Queen Elizabeth II (1960)
6. Princess Beatrice of York, elder daughter of Prince Andrew (1988)
7. Princess Eugenie of York, younger daughter of Prince Andrew (1990)
8. The Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward, youngest son of Queen Elizabeth II (1964)
9. Viscount Severn, James Windsor, son of Edward, The Earl of Wessex (2002)
10. The Lady Louise Mountbatten Windsor, daughter of Edward, The Earl of Wessex (2003)