In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Latest National Video
- Abilene woman breaks hand fending off father of her children
- Viewer offers to replace Brownwood woman's stolen scooter
- Texas father acquitted in slaying of drunken driver who killed 2 sons
- Police: Abilene man, 38, caught after allegedly stealing city trailer
- Juvenile playing with matches blamed for north Abilene fire