In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Latest National Video
Would you like to continue watching?
- Abilene jobless rate slips to 4.2 percent in March
- Remains of woman - missing for 35 years - found in submerged truck
- President Obama's half-brother to speak at House of Yahweh event
- Cause of devastating house fire near Buffalo Gap revealed
- 2 12-year-olds, 2 11-year-olds suspects in Abilene pallet company fire