In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Latest National Video
- Report: Almost 3K undelivered mail found at Texas airport
- Police: Fight over lottery winnings led to Texas murder-suicide
- West Central Texas Water District entering Stage 3 restrictions
- Ex-Abilene ISD chief's peer supportive even after arrest
- Burns' attorney: Haven't seen evidence against ex-Abilene ISD leader