In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Latest National Video
- Ex-Texas teacher/cheerleading instructor charged with sex with student
- Stage 2 water restrictions in effect for the city of Abilene
- North Abilene home burglarized, more than $10k of property taken
- San Antonio tops list of Texas places to visit, Abilene No. 18
- Reward reaches $25K for missing Texas woman