In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Latest National Video
- PLAYOFF SCOREBOARD: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Taylor County couple adopts twin girls on National Adoption Day
- Lead conspirator of meth drug ring arrested in Abilene
- Suspect in aggravated robberies rejects plea deal, will go to trial
- Giraffe bridge torn down at Abilene Zoo, new exhibit in the works