In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Latest National Video
- Brownwood man dies two days after rollover crash
- Guilty: Merkel man will serve no jail time in sexual assault case
- Mother & son ejected, killed in rollover crash in Stephens County
- 3 Abilene kittens being nursed back to health after reported abuse
- Navajo Nation: Girl, 11, kidnapped from reservation is found dead