In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Latest National Video
- Brownwood couple gives disabled daughter dream costume
- Man arrested after standoff with Abilene police on Westview Drive
- Merkel business owner frustrated after having to close business
- Abilene man among 3 soldiers guilty of smuggling immigrants
- Abilene says goodbye to UPS driver after decades delivering downtown route