ABILENE, Texas - Customers lined up early Friday morning to purchase the third generation iPad.
"We're trying to get the latest and the greatest first," said Kim Bosher. Bosher arrived at Best Buy nearly two hours before they were scheduled to open but still wasn't the first in line.
Shane Stone had been waiting since 10 p.m. Thursday night. Stone wasn't even planning to buy his tablet in Abilene.
"I'm actually passing though town heading to Dallas, and I was like either go there and miss the opening or just camp out... so I camped out."
The new iPad enhances many features first released in the iPad 2. The 5 megapixel camera can record and edit HD video on a touch screen that has more than 3,000 pixels.
The device sold out online days ago, according to Apple.
The iPad was released in ten countries and will be released in 25 more by the end of March.
Several places in the Big Country have it for sale including Best Buy, Wal Mart, Sam's Club, Verizon and AT&T.
- Updated Shot Brownwood man considered brain dead, suspect could face upgraded charges
- Police: Ohio mom killed 2 kids to save them from evil in world
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks