ABILENE, Texas - Customers lined up early Friday morning to purchase the third generation iPad.
"We're trying to get the latest and the greatest first," said Kim Bosher. Bosher arrived at Best Buy nearly two hours before they were scheduled to open but still wasn't the first in line.
Shane Stone had been waiting since 10 p.m. Thursday night. Stone wasn't even planning to buy his tablet in Abilene.
"I'm actually passing though town heading to Dallas, and I was like either go there and miss the opening or just camp out... so I camped out."
The new iPad enhances many features first released in the iPad 2. The 5 megapixel camera can record and edit HD video on a touch screen that has more than 3,000 pixels.
The device sold out online days ago, according to Apple.
The iPad was released in ten countries and will be released in 25 more by the end of March.
Several places in the Big Country have it for sale including Best Buy, Wal Mart, Sam's Club, Verizon and AT&T.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9