ATHENS, Texas (AP) - A North Texas mother is facing capital murder charges for the slayings of her 5- and 7-year-old daughters.
Henderson County Sheriff Botie Hillhouse says 29-year-old Sarah Nicole Henderson is held in the county jail in Athens. No bond was immediately set.
Hillhouse says deputies were summoned Wednesday night to a home outside Payne Springs after emergency medical services received a call about a possibly suicidal woman. The EMS crew was called off minutes later but deputies continued to the home where a man and woman reported no problems. About three hours later, authorities received a 911 call that a woman had shot her two children.
The sheriff says the children were dead at the scene. Their bodies have been taken for examination to Dallas, about 60 miles to the northwest.
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson