OPLIN, Texas - Back in early June, Oplin's Bailey Ryan was out in Des Moines for her first trip to Nationals for barrel racing. Bu after a disappointing finish, she got right back up on the horse, literally.
Ryan dominated this past weekend in Perry, Georgia. The Jim Ned 13-year-old took the National Barrel Horse Association Youth World title, finishing with a time of 14.622 seconds. That's more than two tenths of a second quicker than the runner up.
Along with the monetary prize, Ryan also took home a new horse trailer, saddle, belt buckles, feed, and a pair of nice new boots.
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency