Frances Baker with the Meek Blood Center said 125 units of blood were collected during Monday's blood drive at Mitchell County Hospital in Colorado City. She said the number of people that came out to support Goebel was a true testament to the community.
"Last year, we had one in Eastland where we saw 120 donors. These blood drives are pretty much spur of the moment. We just put this blood drive together on Friday and had it on Monday and we actually broke our record by seeing 125 donors," Baker said.
Justin has gone through at least 40 units of blood following last Monday's head-on collision near Sweetwater on Highway 70.
If you would like to help Justin, click here.
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- TransCanada sends more crews to Keystone pipeline leak
- The Latest: Border agent injured in Texas dies
- Gunman sought after Pennsylvania officer killed during traffic stop
- KTXS Forecast: Back around average with sunny and breezy conditions.
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD