OAKLAND, California - Jarrod Parker got plenty of home-run help and pitched his way into Oakland's record book, and the surging Athletics pulled into a tie atop the AL West with Texas by overpowering the Rangers 11-4 on Wednesday.
Parker (11-6) allowed two runs in six innings to extend his unbeaten streak to 18 straight starts, eclipsing Catfish Hunter's Oakland mark set from June 2-Sept. 3, 1973. Parker also has won his last nine decisions, the most by an A's pitcher since Dan Haren won 10 in a row in 2007.
Brandon Moss, Daric Barton and Coco Crisp each hit two-run homers and Josh Donaldson added a three-run drive for Oakland. The A's handed Yu Darvish (12-7) a loss in consecutive starts for the first time all season.
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week