SAN ANTONIO - Tony Parker scored 15 of San Antonio's final 16 points and the Spurs withstood a hectic finish to beat the Phoenix Suns 99-96 on Wednesday night.
Parker scored 20 overall, Danny Green had 19 points, Tim Duncan added 17 points and Boris Diaw 11 points for San Antonio (4-1).
Markieff Morris tied a career high with 23 points and also had 11 rebounds for Phoenix (3-2). Morris' twin brother, Marcus, added 11 points and Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee each had 15 points.
Plumlee's reverse layup gave Phoenix a 96-95 lead with 1 minute remaining. The Suns had an opportunity to extend the lead following a miss by Duncan, but Manu Ginobili drew a charge on Danny Green.
Parker followed with a short jumper to give San Antonio the lead for good.
Gerald Green missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have tied the game.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash