ABILENE, Texas - A 32-year-old woman crossing Chestnut Street near the Taylor County Courthouse was struck by a vehicle before noon Tuesday and had to be taken to Hendrick Medical Center.
She was able to speak with paramedics and had what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries, according to Abilene police.
She was one of two pedestrians who appear to have been crossing the street at a spot not designated for crossing.
“They were just crossing in the middle of the street,” an officer at the scene told KTXS.
The officer said the vehicle came from South 3rd Street and made an appropriate right turn into the lane he should have been in.
“By the time he saw them it was too late,” the officer said, adding that citations could be issued.
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene's new city secretary previously served city of Dallas
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country