ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man faces felony charges after police say he confessed to having sex with a 14-year-old girl who claims he got her pregnant.
Phillip Earl Tomlinson, 21, was arrested Tuesday and charged with sexual assault of a child. His bond was set at $30,000 bond.
According to court documents, Tomlinson admitted having sex with her a “couple times” a week in August 2016 when he was 20. He also said he knew she was only 14, according to police.
Tomlinson said he always wore a condom and that she was on birth control.
The girl wrote in a notebook that she was pregnant with his child.
- Updated Longtime country singer, songwriter Mel Tillis dies
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Father, daughter reunite after 60 years in South Carolina
- Ann Wedgeworth, born in Abilene & known for 'Three's Company' role, dies at 83
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD